Decision Making Made Easy with our Validated In Vivo Xenograft Models
As an integral step in the oncology drug discovery process, Cell Line Derived Xenograft models provide key decision-making information to allow an agent to move forward, and clients to advance their preclinical development programs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
CrownBio has established multiple in vivo assay systems to evaluate novel anticancer compounds, with each assay specifically designed to understand a drug's mechanism of action, or an individual agent property.
Rapidly Find Your Models of Interest
Working with CrownBio gives you access to XenoBase®, our online collated database of well-characterized cell lines and Cell Line Derived Xenograft models, which includes standard of care and RNAseq data to enable easy model selection.
Over 200 validated and well-characterized Cell Line Derived Xenografts covering subcutaneous, orthotopic, and systemic models.
The collection includes metastasis models (spontaneous and experimental) covering major cancer types such as:
PDX-Derived Xenograft Models - PrimeXeno™
These unique models are derived from our HuPrime® Patient-Derived Xenograft (PDX) models, via cell lines. Many of these models harbor mutations of novel therapeutic targets, such as:
PrimeXeno models are ideal for early stage drug discovery, where a robust system is needed to screen large numbers of compounds in assays such as PK/PD analysis.
Nude Rat Xenograft Models
Nude rat xenograft models are recognized as an attractive option compared to mouse models, because a compounds’ PK properties are typically closer to that observed in humans.
CrownBio has validated both subcutaneous and orthotopic nude rat xenograft models, covering:
- Solid tumors
- bladder, colon, glioblastoma, and prostate cancer
- Non-solid tumors
- AML and myeloma
In Vivo Imaging
CrownBio provides bioluminescent subcutaneous, orthotopic, and metastatic Cell Line Derived Xenograft models for optical imaging.
These models provide valuable disease information at different cancer stages, through orthotopic models mimicking primary lesions, to the imaging of both spontaneous and experimental metastases to replicate progression to late stage disease.
Bioluminescent PC-3M-luc Orthotopic Prostate Cancer
Model Tumor Growth Inhibition Following Docetaxel Treatment
Specialty Models Available
- Angiogenesis models. Matrigel plug assay and Windows chamber available.
- Dual xenograft models. Validated pairs of models that may be engrafted on the same mouse without interfering with each others growth, used for assessing the selectivity of targeted agents.
- Isogenic xenograft models. CrownBio has established a strategic partnership with Horizon Discovery, one of the leaders in isogenic cell lines. Using cell lines generated with Horizon Discovery’s proprietary rAAV-based GENESIS™ gene editing platform, we have established a comprehensive range of isogenic cancer models for in vivo compound screening to service our clients in academia and industry, with mutations in a wide variety of genes including KRAS, PIK3CA, PTEN, IDH1, and p53.
- Engineered in vivo models. BaF3-EML4-ALK-wt and the paired, engineered BaF3-EML4-ALK-L1196M available.
Contact us today for expert advice on the best Cell Line Derived Xenograft models to progress your preclinical research.