CrownBio's Renal Disease Research Platform Provides Unique Models and Cutting-Edge Technologies
Renal disease exists in many forms, and as such requires a wide variety of preclinical research models.
CrownBio’s Renal Disease Research Platform provides a range of human disease-relevant rodent and NHP models including models of genetic disorders of the kidney, such as polycystic kidney disease (PKD), models of induced kidney disease, as well as models with kidney conditions arising from late stage diabetes complications e.g. diabetic nephropathy.
PKD is currently incurable, and diabetic nephropathy is the leading cause of dialysis and kidney transplant in developed countries, therefore appropriate preclinical models are needed for both conditions, as well as for the wide range of other kidney diseases, to both develop and improve treatments.
Explore Our Portfolio of Models and Study Endpoints for Renal Disease
CrownBio provides renal disease models of:
- PKD in the genetically relevant pcy mouse
- Uni-nephrectomy, aldosterone-induced renal disease
- Type 2 diabetic nephropathy in the human disease translatable ZDSD rat and NHPs
Each model has a range of validated endpoints to meet research needs, including:
- Body weight
- Plasma BUN, ALT, AST, bilirubin, and creatinine measurement
- Urinary albumin measurement,
- Kidney weights and histology for fibrosis or cyst volume determination
Contact us today to discuss your renal disease project needs and to experience the value of our expert service.