Fast Track Your Understanding of Candidate Activity with Our Ex Vivo Assays
Only 5% of new anticancer agents successfully gain approval after Phase III trials, and 50% of failures are due to a lack of efficacy rather than toxicity issues, which underscores the need for better, more predictive preclinical models.
CrownBio’s ex vivo models represent an efficient, accurate, and clinically relevant preclinical tool to investigate the activity and understand mechanisms of action of new cancer drugs.
Our ex vivo tissue or small explant cultures allow drug screening experiments to be performed in a dynamic, controlled, sterile environment with tumors able to maintain their native architecture, and the establishment of functional relationships between cancer cells and their surrounding stroma. This allows the recapitulation of patient heterogeneity and the assessment of treatment sensitivity in relation to hormone responsiveness and stromal-epithelial signaling.
Access the World's Largest Commercial Collection of Patient-Relevant Models
CrownBio’s ex vivo models are derived from HuPrime® and HuKemia® - our collections of highly characterized patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models, the largest commercial PDX collection available.
Ex Vivo Clonogenic Assay Using Freshly Isolated Cells From HuPrime PDX Models
A Wide Range of Models Available
- Freshly isolated cells from PDX tumors, utilized in assays immediately on the day of isolation. We have currently validated almost 70 PDX-derived primary cells for 3D cell culture assays, with cells derived from both solid tumors and blood cancer models.
- Fresh frozen PDX cells which shorten assay timelines, with no lag time required for PDX tumor donors to grow out in vivo. Our fresh frozen PDX cells come from a range of cancer types including breast, colorectal, lung, and ovarian cancer with further models under development.
Our ex vivo models can be used to evaluate the efficacy of anticancer agents via:
- Methylcellulose clonogenic assays
- Soft agar clonogenic assays
- 3D Tumor Growth Assays (3D TGA)
To provide a practical and effective tool for high-throughput molecular analysis of tissues and identify new diagnostic and prognostic markers for oncology, CrownBio provides multiple pre-made formalin fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tumor microarrays (TMAs) from our HuPrime PDX models, as well as TMAs featuring our cell line derived xenograft, syngeneic, and tumor homograft models.
Contact us today for free expert advice to support all of your ex vivo drug discovery needs.