Characterization of RANKL overexpressed in CHO stable clones by FACS.
Stable CHO-S clone expressing exogenous human RANKL isoform 1.
|Cell line ID:||CHO (RANKL)|
|Cell type:||Chinese hamster ovary cell|
|Gene ID/Accession #:||NM_003701.3|
|Application:||Antibody screening and biological assays|
|Morphology:||Epithelial cells in adhesion|
|Medium:||Freestyle CHO-S medium + 2.5% FBS + 750ug/ml G418|
|Subculture:||Split saturated culture 1:10 every 3 days; seed out at about 1-3 x 105 cells/ml|
|Incubation:||37 °C with 8% CO2|
|Storage:||Frozen in liquid nitrogen with 70% medium, 20% FBS and 10% DMSO|
|Doubling time:||Approximately 48 hours|
|References:||Cell 93:165-176 (1998)|
Thaw the vial as soon as possible upon receipt to insure its viability.
- Thaw the frozen vial in a 37°C water bath for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the vial into biosafety cabinet. Wipe the surface with 70% ethanol and drop the cell suspension gently into a centrifuge tube containing 9.0 mL complete culture medium.
- Spin at ~ 125 x g, for 5- 7 minutes at room temperature.
- Resuspend cell pellet with the appropriate volume of complete medium and transfer the cell suspension into a T25 culture flask.
- Incubate the culture at 37°, 8% CO2 incubator or refer to the specific culture condition, if possible.