FACS analysis of cell surface CD73 expression by an anti-human CD73 antibody and isotype control antibody.
CD73 Cell Line Background
CD73, also known as ecto-5'-nucleotidase (NT5E), is a lipid-anchor protein and an enzyme that converts AMP to adenosine. CD73 single amino acid mutation can lead to calcification of joints and arteries (CALJA) disease.
In addition, recent studies showed that CD73 plays a key role in promoting the onset and progression of cancer, which could generate of immunosuppressed and pro-angiogenic niche through its metabolic activities. CD73 is a promising drug target and a novel biomarker molecule for tumor therapy.
CD73 is also known as 5'-nucleotidase ecto, NT, eN, NT5, NTE, eNT, NT5E, E5NT, or CALJA.
Recombinant Cell Line Generation
293T human CD73 cell line was generated using pLVX-Puro vector with human CD73 gene sequence.
Cell Line Characterization
Recombinant Cell Line Profile
|Cell line ID:||293T/CD73|
|Cell type:||Human embryonic kidney|
|Gene ID/Accession #:||NM_002526.3|
|Selection marker:||Puromycin (0.5ug/ml)|
|Application:||Drug screening and biological assays|
|Morphology:||Fibroblastoid cells growing adherently as monolayer|
|Medium:||DMEM + 10% FBS|
|Subculture:||Seed out at ca. 2-3 x 106 cells/80 cm2; split confluent culture 1:4 - 1:5 every 2-3 days|
|Incubation:||37 °C with 5% CO2|
|Storage:||Frozen in liquid nitrogen with 70% medium, 20% FBS and 10% DMSO|
|Doubling time:||24-30 hours|
|References:||Eur. J. Biochem. 191:563-569(1990)|
Thaw the vial as soon as possible upon receipt to insure its viability.
- Thaw the frozen vial in a 37°C water bath for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the vial into biosafety cabinet. Wipe the surface with 70% ethanol and drop the cell suspension gently into a centrifuge tube containing 9.0 mL complete culture medium.
- Spin at ~ 125 x g, for 5- 7 minutes at room temperature.
- Resuspend cell pellet with the appropriate volume of complete medium and transfer the cell suspension into a T25 culture flask.
- Incubate the culture at 37°, 5% CO2 incubator or refer to the specific culture condition, if possible.