FACS analysis of cell surface CD48 expression by an anti-hCD48 antibody and isotype control antibody.
CD48 Cell Line Background
CD48, also referred to as B-lymphocyte activation marker (BLAST-1) or signaling lymphocytic activation molecule (SLAMF2), is membrane protein of immunoglobulin superfamily. CD48 is expressed on peripheral blood lymphocytes and participates in the activation and differention of immune cells.
The CD48 molecule (CD48) is also known as BCM1, BLAST, hCD48, mCD48, BLAST1, SLAMF2, or MEM-102.
Recombinant Cell Line Generation
This 293T human CD48 cell line was generated using pLVX-puro vector with human CD48 gene sequence.
Cell Line Characterization
Recombinant Cell Line Profile
|Cell line ID:||293T/CD48|
|Cell type:||Human embryonic kidney|
|Gene ID/Accession #:||NM_001256030.1|
|Selection marker:||Puromycin (0.5ug/ml)|
|Application:||Drug screening and biological assays|
|Morphology:||Fibroblastoid cells growing adherently as monolayer|
|Medium:||DMEM + 10% FBS|
|Subculture:||Seed out at ca. 2-3 x 106 cells/80 cm2; split confluent culture 1:4 - 1:5 every 2-3 days|
|Incubation:||37 °C with 5% CO2|
|Storage:||Frozen in liquid nitrogen with 70% medium, 20% FBS and 10% DMSO|
|Doubling time:||24-30 hours|
|Reporter gene:||Firefly luciferase|
Thaw the vial as soon as possible upon receipt to insure its viability.
- Thaw the frozen vial in a 37°C water bath for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the vial into biosafety cabinet. Wipe the surface with 70% ethanol and drop the cell suspension gently into a centrifuge tube containing 9.0 mL complete culture medium.
- Spin at ~ 125 x g, for 5- 7 minutes at room temperature.
- Resuspend cell pellet with the appropriate volume of complete medium and transfer the cell suspension into a T25 culture flask.
- Incubate the culture at 37°, 5% CO2 incubator or refer to the specific culture condition, if possible.