FACS analysis of cell surface CD244 expression by an anti-human CD244 antibody and isotype control antibody.
CD224 Cell Line Background
CD244, also referred to as Natural Killer (NK) cell receptor 2B4, is a surface receptor expressed on NK cells and some T cells which functions as a modulator of cytolytic activity through interaction with MHC molecules.
The CD244 molecule (CD224) is also known as 2B4, NAIL, Nmrk, NKR2B4, or SLAMF4.
Recombinant Cell Line Generation
This 293T human CD244 cell line was generated using pLVX-puro vector with human CD244 gene sequence.
Cell Line Characterization
Recombinant Cell Line Profile
|Cell line ID:||293T/CD244|
|Cell type:||Human embryonic kidney|
|Gene ID/Accession #:||NM_016382.3|
|Selection marker:||Puromycin (0.5ug/ml)|
|Application:||Drug screening and biological assays|
|Morphology:||Fibroblastoid cells growing adherently as monolayer|
|Medium:||DMEM + 10% FBS|
|Subculture:||Seed out at ca. 2-3 x 106 cells/80 cm2; split confluent culture 1:4 - 1:5 every 2-3 days|
|Incubation:||37 °C with 5% CO2|
|Storage:||Frozen in liquid nitrogen with 70% medium, 20% FBS and 10% DMSO|
|Doubling time:||24-30 hours|
|References:||Eur. J. Immunol. 29:3466-3477(1999)|
Thaw the vial as soon as possible upon receipt to insure its viability.
- Thaw the frozen vial in a 37°C water bath for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the vial into biosafety cabinet. Wipe the surface with 70% ethanol and drop the cell suspension gently into a centrifuge tube containing 9.0 mL complete culture medium.
- Spin at ~ 125 x g, for 5- 7 minutes at room temperature.
- Resuspend cell pellet with the appropriate volume of complete medium and transfer the cell suspension into a T25 culture flask.
- Incubate the culture at 37°, 5% CO2 incubator or refer to the specific culture condition, if possible.