Evaluate Key Aspects of Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death globally, yet many aspects of CVD are preventable, with millions of people currently being treated for hypertension to reduce cardiovascular risk, and to prevent both heart attack and stroke.
Innovative new therapeutics that can modify or even reverse disease progression are needed to reduce the disease burden in the general population. However, research into the development of novel and improved treatments is complicated by a lack of preclinical hypertensive models.
CrownBio provides highly translatable in vivo models and key technologies for CVD to help progress your novel agents into the clinic.
A Translational Platform of Unique NHP and Rodent Models
For rodents, we perform studies across all conventionally available models to suit client needs, as well as in our proprietary, highly translational ZDSD rat model of dysmetabolism and CVD.
We also provide induced disease and advanced study models:
- Apolipoprotein E-deficient mice
- Uni-nephrectomized Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats
- Angiotensin II-induced/elastase-induced mice
Flexible and Customizable Study Design
Our study design is flexible and customizable to offer the best solution for evaluating the in vivo efficacy of your antihypertensive compounds.
Our main CVD study endpoints include:
- Blood pressure monitoring (including continuous telemetry, tail-cuff)
- Cardiac hypertrophy and hyper-dynamics
- Reduced cardiac reserve assessed by dobutamine stress test
- Cardiac systolic and diastolic dysfunction