CBSD - SRS Facility Update
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ALL EXISTING SHARP REES-STEALY PATIENTS IN SAN DIEGO:
Please review the following emergency communication related to the COVID-19 outbreak . While Sharp is committed to observing communication preferences, they are sending the message to all Sharp Rees-Stealy patients as a public and patient safety measure.
In an effort to protect you, doctors, providers and staff, as well as the community, Sharp Rees-Stealy will be temporarily closing several Sharp Rees-Stealy clinics.
Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa West and Sharp Rees-Stealy Point Loma will temporarily close starting Thursday, March 26. Most departments at Sharp Rees-Stealy Chula Vista – with the exception of Occupational Medicine, Pharmacy and Urgent Care – will temporarily close beginning Friday, March 27.
If your doctor is at one of these locations, you will not need to select a new doctor. If you have an essential appointment with a doctor or provider at Chula Vista, La Mesa West or Point Loma, you will receive your care at another location or through a video or phone visit. You will be contacted prior to your appointment to confirm how you will be receiving your care. Please continue to contact your doctor as you normally would: through FollowMyHealth® or by phone. All phone numbers will remain unchanged.
Sharp Rees-Stealy anticipates other sites will temporarily close over the next few weeks. Please visit sharp.com/srs for the most up-to-date information.
Some important reminders:
- Sharp Rees-Stealy has instituted a patient-only policy for all visits in their clinics. For the health and safety of all, no one may accompany a patient to any visit unless absolutely necessary. One parent may accompany a child to a Pediatric visit. For OB visits, the expectant partner may attend via FaceTime, Skype or another mobile video app. Sharp Rees-Stealy realizes this may not be easy for you and that some circumstances will warrant exceptions to this policy.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy optical shops, including the online MySharpEyes contact lens service, are closed.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy pharmacies are open during regular business hours for curbside pick-up and delivery only. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated. Please continue to take all regularly prescribed medications as directed by your doctor.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health agency guidelines and will test patients for COVID-19 only when medically necessary per these guidelines.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home as much as possible and if you must go out, practice social distancing.
- For information on testing, treatment and frequently asked questions, please visit sharp.com/coronavirus.
Your Sharp Rees-Stealy doctors and team members will continue to be here for you during these unprecedented times. If you have a health care concern, please continue to call or contact your provider through FollowMyHealth®. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility as we all work together to overcome this outbreak.
In good health,