Research Associate - In Vivo
Location: US, San Diego
Position: Full Time
Crown Bioscience has an immediate opening for a full-time Research Associate in our In Vivo department. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about science, organized and detail oriented, want to work with a team of dedicated researchers, and are ready to significantly contribute to a mission and gain valuable career experience. If that sounds like you, then this is the opportunity for you!
We are passionate about targeted therapeutics for the right patient. We are committed to highest quality clinical standards. We are focused on results. We are a world-class biopharmaceutical service partner. The mission of CrownBio is to address the unmet needs in life science by creating and supplying innovative translational technologies and platforms. Our products and services have been profoundly expediting research for in vitro, in vivo, translational oncology, target validation, preclinical proof of concept, assistive clinical strategy design, and biomarker discovery.
We are located in beautiful Torrey Pines and offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, paid holidays, a 401(k) retirement savings program, paid sick and paid vacation. Our employees also enjoy free catered lunch every day.
- Manipulation and handling of mice in a lab setting
- Ear tagging, shaving, and measuring body weights of mice
- Perform beginner clinical observations
- Measure, harvest, and implant tumors
- Record lab data
- Perform simple necropsies
- Perform dosing routes using PO, IP, & SQ
- Perform dilution calculations
Education, Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline and at least 1-2 years of pharmacology/toxicology experience is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED and 1-2 years of pharmacology/toxicology experience is required
- Prior experience in animal handling in a lab setting is required, including compound administration by multiple routes, harvesting tissue and blood samples.
- Prior experience with two of the following dosing routes – Intraperitoneal, Sub Cutaneous, and Oral Gavage
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems with little to no supervision
- Ability to find, read and understand relevant scientific literature
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines
- Ability to work across teams by being a flexible team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet
- Willing and able to work within a Quality System with oversight by QA and other regulatory bodies.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
Crown Bioscience is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a work environment free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions at Crown Bioscience are based solely on business need, qualifications, and merit.