Director Business Development, Translational Oncology
Location: US, San Diego based, covering Pacific Southwest Region
Position: Full Time
About Crown Bioscience:
The mission of CrownBio is to address the unmet needs of life sciences by creating and supplying innovative translational technologies and platforms. Our products and services have been profoundly expediting research for in-vivo, in-vitro, translational oncology, target validation, preclinical prove of concept, assistive clinical strategy design, and biomarker discovery.
Those who join CrownBio feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive through innovation in the foremost fields in the biotechnology. Here, you will join passionate professionals who strive to develop innovative products and technologies for biopharmaceutical applications to advance fields in science and medicine. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities.
CrownBio is currently seeking talented and motivated Business Development professional from a scientific background to join our business development team located in the US. The role will be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of business sales and marketing strategies to leverage company’s business opportunities in the area of translational science, specifically, translational oncology.
Essential responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals in the assigned market;
- Identify and analyze business opportunity, and formulate plans to capture the opportunity and deal with problems;
- Contact prospective customer/partner companies to further explore business opportunities and manage negotiations;
- Develop and maintain key business relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally;
- Logistics management in daily order.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, PhD preferred
- Must have strong background in oncology and in vivo pharmacology
- PDX, CDX experience selling to pharma and biotech – at least 5 years experience
- Relevant business experience (pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO) is preferred
- Masterful selling skills that result in strong, trusting customer relationships
- Masterful negotiation experience with preferred background knowledge
- Flexibility to spend approx. 20%+ of sales time traveling
We strive to provide a collaborative, creative matrix where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We are continuously looking for talents from various backgrounds to join us.