Research Associate I – Flow Cytometry
Location: United States - San Diego, CA
Position: Full Time
Crown Bioscience has an immediate opening for a full-time Research Associate in our BDT department. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about science, organized and detail oriented, want to work with a team of dedicated researchers, and are ready to significantly contribute to a mission and gain valuable career experience. If that sounds like you, then this is the opportunity for you!
We are passionate about targeted therapeutics for the right patient. We are committed to highest quality clinical standards. We are focused on results. We are a world-class biopharmaceutical service partner. The mission of CrownBio is to address the unmet needs in life science by creating and supplying innovative translational technologies and platforms. Our products and services have been profoundly expediting research for in vitro, in vivo, translational oncology, target validation, preclinical proof of concept, assistive clinical strategy design, and biomarker discovery.
We are located in beautiful Torrey Pines and offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, paid holidays, a 401(k) retirement savings program, paid sick and paid vacation. Our employees also enjoy free catered lunch every day.
- Design and perform multicolor flow cytometry for preclinical projects
- Contribute to projects with scientific discipline through research
- Analyze data and interpret results for immunophenotyping and biomarker research
- Prepare accurate samples, technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses in a timely manner
- Adherence to Quality System.
- Perform general lab duties to support the activities of the lab.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
- Requires 1-3 years of related laboratory experience. Previous experience in flow cytometry is a plus
- General molecular and cell culture experience
- Experience in drug development and an understanding of signal transduction pathways is a plus
- Ability to calculate the molarity of solutions, perform dilutions and make solutions following protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems with little to no supervision
- Ability to find, read and understand relevant scientific literature
- Has full understanding of and the ability to apply established principles, theories and concepts in area of responsibility. Projects may require familiarity with current scientific literature together with the capability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within generally defined practices and policies.
- Familiarity with equipment maintenance required.
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines
- Ability to work across teams by being a flexible team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet.
- Willing and able to work within a Quality System with oversight by QA and other regulatory bodies
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy
Crown Bioscience is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a work environment free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions at Crown Bioscience are based solely on business need, qualifications, and merit.